Thursday 21 February 2013


Taking proactive steps to address environmental pollution.

I wonder if anyone is noticing the increase in vehicles belching exhaust fumes  into the still pristine skies over Abuja, Nigeria's  capital city?

I wonder what the Abuja Environmental Protection Board and the Vehicle Inspection Unit (VIO)  will do about this?

I wonder, what the Ministry of Envionment will do about the growing scourge of non- biodegradable plastic bags littereing everywhere?

I wonder, who cares about the weeds choking our water ways?


When the next floods come, as the meterological agency has predicted they will this year, we will wring our hands, and shake our heads and lament at the tales of loss, they may bring.

But right now, let's deal with accountability issues. It starts with you and I.

Do you dispose of your trash safely and sustainably?
Do you recycle?
Do you throw wrappers, bottles etc out of your car window?
Do you mantain your vehicles when  you should?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your feedback